Anne Cooper of Equilibrium Master Roasters to hold classes at the show – book now!
Anne Cooper of Equilibrium Master Roasters, will be holding a range of workshops at this year’s Tea & Coffee World Cup.
With over 25 years working in the coffee industry, Anne has gained extensive experience in many areas of the coffee industry as barista, café owner/manager, national barista trainer & assessor, head roaster & roasting production manager at both a national & international level.
A Certified Arabica Q Grader & COE Judge, Anne regularly attends, volunteers, competes in & judges regional, national & international Barista, Brewers, Cup Tasting & Roasting competitions in Australia, USA & Brazil.
Anne is also twice winner of & Head Judge for the Golden Bean Roasting Competition (the largest coffee roasting competition in the Southern hemisphere) and is also a member of the SCA Roasters Guild Executive Council.
Now with her roasting consulting company, Equilibrium Master Roasters, Anne continues to develop her extensive roasting skills & knowledge by regularly working with a wide range of roasting companies, machines (from large Commercial roasters to small Specialty roasters), various roasting techniques & industry relevant processes and protocols – skills & knowledge she is really passionate about passing on to the next generation of Flame Keepers!
Anne Cooper will be running the following classes in the Coffee Workshop Area.
11:00-12:30 Anne Cooper – The Basics of Coffee Cupping
– coffee cupping for beginners
13:30-14:30 Anne Cooper – Beyond the Cooling Tray
– everything you need to consider for a successful roast
10:30-12:00 Anne Cooper – Can you Taste the Roasting System
– a lecture on the different roasting systems available, finished by a tasting of the same coffee roasted on 3 distinctly differently roasting systems. This is a class for those that want to buy a roaster but don’t know what the different types of roasters are and what flavour results they will get from the various roasting systems available.
14:00-15:00 Anne Cooper – Cupping Analysis Tools
– exploring the latest ways to record your cupping data – look at some of the latest cupping apps
10:30-12:00 Anne Cooper, Using Sensory Techniques in Quality Assessment
– triangulation cupping using red glasses to mimic the same situation as the red room in the Q graders.